RJ TextEd is a good replacement text editing app If you find that your programming development tool doesn't exactly make life easy for you. RJ TextEd is a web development tool and a Unicode text editor which aims to make HTML coding simpler, faster and more intuitive.
Some of the key features in RJ TextEd are syntax error highlighting, auto completion and a very handy CSS editor. One rather unusual feature is that RJ TextEd includes an FTP client that enables you to get your coding published super quick although RJ TextEd is not exactly an advanced client and if you need secure connections, you're probably best not to rely on it.
For those that are relatively new to coding, another handy feature is the HTML validation tool which allows you to format and repair your code using wizards. Finally, it also includes spell checking, e-mail support and advanced search options. The remarkable thing is that this is all entirely free although the downside is that it won't support all coding languages so if you frequently use different ones, you'll need something more flexible.
Overall, RJ TextEd is a powerful tool for developers who require more features than syntax highlighting, though its main competitor, Notepad++ is easier to use.
- Margin line
- The right margin line is now drawn behind the text.
- Compress lines
- Changed the behavior so multiple blank lines are compressed into one line.
- Delete redundant lines
- Added a menu item to delete redundant lines (multiple lines are replaced by one line).
- Panning or mouse coasting
- You can now scroll by a single middle mouse click and moving the mouse.
- Chrome preview
- Updated the component and libraries.
- Firefox preview
- Updated the XULRunner libraries.
- File/Folder information
- File and folder information is displayed under each view in the file commander.
- Open/Close nodes in project manager
- Open/Close nodes only affect the subitems in the selected node.
- Sessions and session manager
- You can now open and save sessions. A session will store information about open files, which view they were open in (dual document view), open project and the dual document view state.
- User script
- The script editor has been removed. Scripts are now opened in the main program and user script functions are located in a quickbar tab, called "User Scripts".
- If the script need a target document - you should open it in the right view using dual document view. The script itself should be in the left view.
- FTP and FTP profiles
- Added a "Copy" button in the profile manager.
- When connecting to a remote site, the user name is displayed along with the password if prompted. This enables you to edit the user name.
- Added menu item in the document tab menu to clear the undo/redo buffer.
- Made some changes in the undo/redo history dialog. Recent non-saved items are displayed in yellow, saved in green.
- Sidebar tab options
- Added options in the "View -> Bars -> Sidebar" menu to enable text captions in tabs and to position the tabs.
- Spellcheck "Add" now work with Unicode.
- Current macro was not updated properly if edited.
- .com files are opened as text files by default.
- Advanced sort didn't work properly with tab characters.
- Replace prompt is not re-positioned anymore.
- Rename file didn't update the current highlighter.
- Parenthesis highlight issue in PHP.
- Regular expression help didn't work properly in the find/replace bar.
- Text clip issue with % in the clip text.
- Find All didn't display anything if highlight was selected when searching in folders.
- "Format XML (Tidy)" was misspelled.
- Fixed a Firefox preview issue when using mappings.
- Fixed some undo/redo issues in column mode.